Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 10-12: Magic of the Manger

Christmas Countdown
Day 10-12: Magic of the Manger

Thought:  The Son of God could've been born anywhere, yet he was born in a lowly, smelly place where animals eat and sleep.  What a beautiful picture of humility.  From day one, Jesus' very purpose was to show unconditional love for all of humanity.  He needed to be able to relate to the poorest of poor.  I'm reminded of the show Undercover Boss- even though I've never seen an episode.  The greatest leaders are those who are willing to get into the trenches, do some dirty work, and lead by example. 

The manger reminds me to be thankful for the blessings I have.  I'm thankful for a Savior who came to earth in the most lowly conditions to serve us and save us.  I want to be more like Him.

Verse: Luke 2:6-7
"While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them."

Song: Michael W. Smith's Medley: Away in a Manger/Child in the Manger
I encourage you to close your eyes and listen to this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment