Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1: Magic of Christ

CHRISTMAS!  My favorite holiday. There are endless reasons this season is so magical. I noticed that many of my FB friends enjoyed sharing their list of "thankful fors" during the month of November. (And how refreshing to see that in my News Feed...I loved reading those!) I also know there are numerous versions of advent calendars and Christmas countdowns available out there. But me being me....I've decided to create my own.

Goal: Each day I will share one thought, one Bible verse, and one fave Christmas song (with YouTube video) that reminds me of the MAGIC of Christmas.  Let the fun begin!

DAY 1: Magic of Christ

Thought:  First and foremost, the true magic of Christmas is CHRIST. His birth story is a literal miracle, His life is awe-inspiring, and His death portrays the greatest love story known to mankind.  Today's verse reminds us of the Promise and Hope we can find in His presence. 

Verse: Luke 1:30-32
"But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.  You will be with child and will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name JESUS.  He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High."

Song: Michael W. Smith's "Christmas Angels"






No comments:

Post a Comment