Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 2: Magic of Mary, Motherhood, & Grace to the Humble

Christmas Countdown
Day 2: Magic of Mary, Motherhood, & Grace to the Humble

Thought:  When God found favor with Mary, He blessed her with a son that would grow to be King of Kings.  Can you imagine her initial reaction...  "Why me?  Am I qualified?  Am I capable?"  All mothers face this fear at some point.  The good news is that the blessing of children is accompanied by a blessing of grace.  Rejoice in the gift of grace today.

Verse: Luke 1:45-49
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!  And Mary said: My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.  From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me- holy is his name."

Song: Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment