Tuesday, June 2, 2020

United We Stand

My heart is broken.  In so many ways and for so many people.  First, my heart breaks for George Floyd's family.  Second, my heart breaks for my black brothers and sisters who feel "less than."  Third, my heart breaks as I watch the violent crimes happening in protest, as innocent lives are being beaten and even lost over this issue.  Fourth, my heart breaks for our leaders - at every level.  City, State, and National leaders.  How did we come so far after just recently "banding together" during the Coronavirus Pandemic??

We are the UNITED States of America.  Not the Divided States of America.

We need leaders bringing us together to stand up for what is right, good and noble.

I will not get political here, I will not mention names.  However, I will use the one Weapon that I know to be good and noble.  God's Word.

Matthew 22:36-39
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?
Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the first and greatest command.  And the second is like it:

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Friends, changing the world begins at home.  Let us teach our children to LOVE others unconditionally, despite skin color, religious affiliation, socio-economic status, or political views.

Let us band together once again in PEACE as we seek justice.  As we seek what is right, good, and noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment