Monday, May 6, 2013

Mission Statement

I started this blog before I knew I would be called into ministry.  I was teaching middle school math and absolutely loving my job.  Now I'm a stay-at-home mom and absolutely loving it.  I was baptised when I was a child, I've been a Christ-follower all my life.  Oh, and I'll turn 30 this year.  Just had to throw that in the mix.

While I remain plenty busy raising my precious kids, I know that God wants to use my family to reach others.  Life is not all about me.  There's a bigger picture, a higher calling, a desire to be a woman after God's heart.  And a very deep desire to teach and counsel others that want to experience a Spirit-filled life.  After all, my talent is teaching.  I hold two degrees in education, I feel comfortable in the role, and I have a crazy passion for it.  I always thought I would just be in middle school math until I retired, but I only spent 7 years there.  Sometimes I miss it, but my newest passion is teaching my 2-year-old son while his brain is like a sponge. 

There's an old saying, "Knowledge is power."  To some extent, I agree.  However, I believe that Wisdom is much more powerful.  There's a difference.  Information is at our fingertips and knowledge can be easily gained if one studies something.  But Wisdom....that comes from God.  My mission, through this blog and other avenues, is to study God's word and share my insights.  I've come up with a Mission Statement that more acutely defines what it's all about.

The word of God
Revealed by the Spirit, for
Understanding, wisdom, and personal growth.
Trusting in faith, and
Helping others come to know Him.

1 comment:

  1. I like your constant renewal in Christ; I come to new understandings of the scripture all of the time. Life experiences bring me to new revelations that grow my wisdom. I find that the longer I live, the more open-minded I become about God's love - I have more patience with myself and with others. I really like your new mission statement - transforming ourselves and pointing others to the source of our energy.

    ReplyDelete