Friday, June 14, 2013

TechniColor Dreaming

Last night, I had the craziest dream.  It would take all day to recount it and you wouldn't be interested anyway, but I sure did lay in bed trying to interpret it.  I usually ask myself why that person came to my mind or why that scenario happened...like it's a metaphor for some life lesson.  Sometimes I wish I could call upon Daniel or Joseph, like the kings did, to interpret my dreams for me.  I feel like God really does speak to me through them, like there's a hidden message. 

After laying in bed for a little while driving myself crazy pondering every detail of that dream - I did come to a few conclusions.  Maybe God was trying to get my attention after all.  Maybe the only time that I sit still long enough to listen to Him is when I'm sleeping.  Thank you, Lord, for creating the miracle of dreams.  Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me through them.

Allow me to dish some personal stuff here.  I'm curious if you can relate.  I actually do sit still a little bit during my day.  I'm a stay-at-home mom with a 2-year-old and 2-month-old.  Getting out of the house is a chore in itself, so I don't plan too many playdates or lunchdates and we don't go shopping.  Like - ever.  I'm lucky if I make it to the grocery store once a week.  I look forward to getting dressed and going to church on Sunday mornings.  We find fun things to do at home - my son has lots of books. toys, movies, and our backyard offers him the most entertainment right now.  (Love summertime!)  I always have plenty of household chores to keep me busy, but most of the time I put them off because I'm tending to the kids' needs and wants.  After all, my son can't play by himself all day! :)  The most enjoyable part of my "job" is playing with my kids.  And being a teacher, I've enjoyed finding fun ways to teach my son.  Forget Pinterest, we just make things up as we go.  But let me get back to the "I do sit still" thing.  When my kids are napping and I have roughly 2 hours to myself - what do you think I do?  I sit.  I nap with them.  Exhaustion overwhelms me, and I give in. 

Is that bad?  Sometimes I feel like I should be getting to the laundry or kitchen or smudged mirrors.  Or shower.  To bathe myself.  Or the workout video.  Or the Bible!  (the list goes on)  But I just don't have the energy.  You may or may not fully "know" this kind of exhaustion.

Back to my TechniColored Dream that so vividly taught me some lessons....I woke up from it rejuvenated.  I felt like I could conquer the world....or at least my day.  And it was the best day I'd had in a long time!  I had energy.  I felt productive.  I enjoyed my kids to the very last drop. 

Thank you, Lord, for the rest and rejuvenation that only You can give us.  You are my Strength when I am weak.  When I am dry, You fill my cup.  You are my All in All.

No comments:

Post a Comment