Friday, May 4, 2012

Who Am I?

  • The cheerleader who hung out with the band nerds....because deep down I was one of them.
  • The friend who was shy until you got to know me. Then it's Katie, bar the door! Literally ;)
  • The older sister who was bossy. But my younger brother is loved more than he'll ever know.
  • The daughter who would fold, in tears, from just a look of disapproval.
  • The wife who will follow my love to the ends of the earth. And back. And back again.
  • The teacher who's best tool was Love and Logic.
  • The mom who is hopelessly devoted. (thanks for that one, Sandra Dee)
  • The singer and dancer who will never go public with my "skills" - only the few and the proud will ever see them in full swing.
  • The student who never wants to stop reading, researching, learning.
  • The writer who can pour her heart out on paper like it's going out of style.
  • The traveler who has a long bucket list. Includes learning the languages of others.
  • The country girl who loves dogs, horses and wide open spaces. And the city girl who loves being surrounded by big family and good friends.
  • The foodie who has fun in the kitchen. (Baking can happen in the sun too. And it's glorious.)
  • The sports fanatic that can leave or take the nightly TV watching of the game but remain a lifetime follower.
  • The ice cream connoisseur that will advertise Blue Bell in the blink of an eye.
The list goes on and on. But one thing remains true: Above all else, I'm the daughter of the most high King. My heart is full of love. And if you're not careful, this love will seek you, find you, and change you too.

Who am I?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
(John 14:6)
 
Did that verse ever strike you as weird...getting to Heaven "through Jesus"....what exactly does that mean? I'll tell you my translation. Jesus walked on this earth to show us what it physically looks like to be a believer AND follower. Remember the old school sweet bracelets WWJD? Let it become cool again. Let's set fire to the rain of this world! (thanks Adele)

Let us walk as Jesus did. Shine a little light. It will reach further than you ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment