Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Psalm 30: Joy Comes in the Morning

 

Oh, how I remember calling for God’s help so many times in my life!  I have found myself in pain, turmoil, confusion, and tears too many times to count.  But God is never far away.  Psalm 30 reminds me of His faithfulness.  He has healed my broken heart every single time I sought Him.  And what’s amazing is that He takes it ten steps further than simple healing.  He turns my mourning into dancing!  I still don’t quite understand how it’s possible to sing praises after such pain and sorrow.  But that’s just how powerful God’s love is.  He swoops in and rescues us when we call to Him.  (The rescue doesn’t always look like what we have in mind.  We might have to learn a hard lesson first.  But there is always rescue.)  Then, out of an abundance of thankfulness, we praise Him.  The singing and dancing are not just for our benefit.  It gives glory to God when we recognize that we are nothing without Him.  And there’s more - it points others to Him.  When friends see our despair turn into praise, it must make them wonder.  My prayer is that we can use God’s rescuing moments to testify of His unfailing love.  Sing!  Dance!  Tell what the Lord has done!

 

“I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you healed me.

O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you have restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime.

Weeping my tarry for the night, but JOY COMES WITH THE MORNING!  …..

You have turned for me my mourning into DANCING;

You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

That my glory may SING your praise and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will GIVE THANKS to you forever!”

-Psalm 30:1-5; 11-12 (ESV)




1 comment:

  1. Well written my friend! I’ve always loved this verse 🩷😊 thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete