Friday, September 10, 2021

Make Him Famous


"Go ahead - sing your new song to the Lord!
Let everyone in every language sing him a new song.
Don't stop! Keep on singing! Make his name famous!
Tell everyone every day how wonderful he is.
Give them the good news of our great Savior.
Take the message of his glory and miracles to every nation.
Tell them about all the amazing things he has done."

Psalm 96:1-3 (The Passion Translation)

This morning, my heart cries out for our nation and our world.  I'm not talking about politics.  I'm talking about the spiritually thirsty.  The emotionally drained.  The physically exhausted.  People.  I see the working moms who are trying to balance all of their responsibilities, wondering if they will ever find rest.  I see the moms who work in the home, searching for a greater purpose than cooking and cleaning.  I see the fathers who are bearing the financial and emotional burden of leading their families.  I see the younger generation, heads in their phones, losing all sense of reality and authentic connection.

I see the stressed.  I see the depressed.  I see the lonely.  

The hurting.  The confused.  The angry.  The tired. 

I read Psalm 96 and I am reminded not to stop.  Keep on singing.  Make His name famous.  I hope and pray that I have the courage to tell someone, every day, how wonderful He is.  To take the message of His glory and miracles to every nation.  But what does this look like in today's society?  In my little circle of influence?  What can this one little person, in one little corner of the world, do to make an impact?

Smile at a stranger.  Or better yet, strike up a conversation with someone you don't know.  

Take the time to get to know your colleagues.  Your neighbors.  Invest in them.  Pray for them.

Text a friend to ask how they are doing.

Want something tangible?  Amazon has $5 boxes of wallet-sized encouragement cards.  Leave them with your bank teller, your waitress, your cashier.  (see link below)

Amazon: Let your Light Shine Box of Blessings

One small spark can ignite a flame that rages so big - even Satan can't put it out.

Let's do this.  

How will you Make Him Famous today?




No comments:

Post a Comment