Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rebel With a Cause

Me?  Rebellious?  I've never been accused of that, but recently I sure do feel like a rebel.  I'm resisting against society's influence over me and my family.  Romans 12:2 (NLT) says, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

I'm taking a new direction with this blog.  It's sole purpose is to dig into God's word, share my heart about what I'm reading and learning, and provide food for thought for my readers.  And I would love for discussion to take place- I want feedback from you! 

Let me make one thing clear:  I'm not a Bible scholar.  I'm a Christian that has grown up in church hearing Bible stories and attending Bible study my entire life (literally since birth!) and I've come to a point in my life where I just need more.  More understanding of what Scripture is truly saying to us.  More understanding of the story of the Bible as a whole book- instead of broken pieces and references here and there.  I will be utilizing these resources to help me on this journey:
1.  The Complete Idiot's Guide for the Bible (Bell & Campbell)
2.  The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People (Max Lucado and others)

To learn more about The Story and the movement it has started in churches across the nation, see the link below:
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/publisher-news/article/47129-zondervan-launches-story-campaign-with-lucado.html

The CAUSE:
I truly believe that our generation and culture is in dire need of a Savior!  Our foundational beliefs, morals, and lifestyles have become more and more worldly, less and less Godly.  This is breaking God's heart, and it has begun to break mine.  I am choosing to take a stand for our Lord's Kingdom.  For myself, for my family, and with loving gratitude for Jesus Christ's sacrifice.  I would love for you to join me.

Please join me in this effort, LIKE my Facebook page, and tell all your friends about it!  Together we can learn, grow, and pray that future generations will know our God and His TRUTH.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment